Tips for Buying a Garage Door Opener
November 17, 2016 Posted in: Garage Door Openers
In the market for a garage door opener? Here are 5 tips to consider:
- Make sure it comes with a one piece solid rail or track. Over the counter / retail openers typically come with a track or rail that are in three or four pieces, which tend to be a lot flimsier, not as strong and durable!
- Ensure that the chain, belt or screw drive systems is also in one piece, also making it a lot stronger.
- Opener installed by an authorized and professional dealer, safeguards proper installation, reinforcement and checking off existing door to be balanced and lubricated, which extend life expectancy of new opener.
- Many factory rebates are only honored if installation is done by an Authorized Factory professional dealer.
- Be sure to inquire about an opener’s warranties, including what is and isn’t covered. To get the best deal, with the most coverage, consider buying from a garage door dealer, as they usually offer warranties on the installation as well as manufacturer’s warranty.
Contact Us For More Information